Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Winter Sweater

This is my favourite sweater on earth! I made one last year out of a dark pink and purple variegated yarn, and I wore it every second day of winter! My boss was probably sick of seeing me in it! Its just so warm and comfy! And it goes with everything too! 


But tragedy struck when I washed it! It was one of my very first knitting projects, and I really should have researched how to wash it, I know! So anyways, last years sweater would pretty much fit a Barbie now. The upside is I got to remake it in a new colour! And I think I made it way better this time too!


To make this sweater I used a pattern from the Berroco booklet #299, Delancy. I love the easy fit, slightly cropped length and extra long sleeves of this pattern. This sweater is knit on pretty big needles and with pretty chunky yarn, so it knits up really fast! I made it with really quality yarn, and it was pricey, but completely worth it because I wear it so much! When I love something I REALLY LOVE IT and never take it off.


This sweater is so versatile it even goes with my new ponte knit dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment